Re: How to clone/copy a database ?

From: Rob Medley <medleyrk_at_iafrica.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:15:26 +0200

Hi,

You should be able to get away with copying all of your files to the new machine, providing Oracle is installed on the other machineand the name of the database is to remain the same. If path names are going to be different on the new machine, then you will have to edit your init file for the new path names for control files, dump files, etc. Then you will have to use Alter DB to change the path names of your data and redo files. All in all it should be a far cry quicker then creating the database and using exp/imp.

Rob
medleyrk_at_iafrica.com