Re: SQL*Net Distribution

From: Qaiser Rasheed <qrasheed_at_new-concept.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:24:51 -0800

If you are talking about the client machines, then the answer is Yes. You have to go to each client individually to install SQL Net client software. But this exercise is for the first time only.

There is another way. If the $ORACLE_HOME/Network/Admin path (for Oracle 7.3) already exists t the client machine, then you just have to copy two files in this directory from the server. The files are :

$ORACLE_HOME/Network/Admin/Tnsnames.ora $ORACLE_HOME/Network/Admin/Sqlnet.ora

Qaiser Rasheed

David Bridge wrote in message <78nb00$6in_at_dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>...
> I have been told that the only way to distribute SQL*Net to numerous PCs
on
>a network is by physically going to each workstation and running the
SQL*Net