Help: Personal Oralce 7.3.2.2.0 and Sql*Net

From: Huiming Lee <huiming_at_sam.hi-ho.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:14:43 +0900

I just installed Personal Oracle 7.3.2.2.0. in windows 95. When I connect to it with SQLPlus 3.3.4.0.0 using system/manager, everything works fine. When I tried to logon with system/manager_at_tcp-loopback, it doesnot work at all. According to the attached document in the CD, there includes messages like that:

"

5.2 - Connecting to the Local Database Using TCP/IP

When trying to make a connection to the local database through TCP/IP loopback connections, the connection may fail and the following error may be displayed:

        ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination.

In order to make the connection, wait a few seconds and try again. The connection should succeed the second time. The same sequence occurs if you use the TCP/IP host name of your machine instead of TCP-loopback.
"

I tried more than 5 times, it just does not work at all.

My computer is a standalone NotePC with dialup network. I used the defaul connection string Tcp-loopback, Computer Ip Address has been  set to 127.0.0.1 (I also tried ping 127.0.0.1, the result is OK).

I do not know how to get it to work? please help me out.

Also, I tried Net*8 tools, SqlPlus 8 does not work on either system/manager or system/manager_at_Tcp-loopback. Received on Wed Jan 27 1999 - 09:14:43 CST