Supress Output of SQL*Plus -- GUI version

From: <mmacna_at_ftg-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:14:08 GMT

Server Environment: Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows NT Client Environemtn: GUI version of SQL*Plus on a workstation Problem:

I am running the following script to get a report on contraints:

set echo off /**************************************************** *  Script
Name:		   ut_rpt_constraints.sql *  Created by:	   Mark
MacNaughton - FTG *  Creation Date:	   1/26/99 *  Description: *  Lists a
given table's constraints and their associated * tables and constraints. The user must have SELECT on DBA_CONSTRAINTS * * Execution Line/Parameters: "@path/ut_constraints.sql schema_name table_name" * * Modification Log: * Modified by: * Date Modified: * Description: * *
*****************************************************/ set pagesize 55 set
linesize 110 def owner	  = &&1 ttitle -  center  'Constraints for Schema
&owner'  skip 2 -- col CHILD		format a30 heading 'Child Table'
justify c col CONSTRAINT       format a30 heading 'Constraint Name'
 justify c col PARENT		 format a30 heading 'Parent Table'
   justify c col STATUS 	   format a10 heading 'Status'	   justify c
-- SELECT     a.table_name as CHILD,	      a.constraint_name as
CONSTRAINT,		   b.table_name as PARENT,		   a.status
as STATUS FROM dba_constraints a,	       dba_constraints b WHERE
a.constraint_type IN ('R') AND		a.owner = UPPER('&owner') AND
  a.r_constraint_name (+)= b.constraint_name AND	  a.owner = b.owner
ORDER BY	      CHILD,	      CONSTRAINT /

However, when I run this interactively, the "set" commands don't work. Furthermore, when I turn them off manually by using Options, Environent on the menu, the comments still display with a DOC>.

Any ideas on how to make the set commands work and suppress display of comments in this environment?

Thanks,

mark