Oracle 8 Pro C Make File

From: <vadi.madhwaraj_at_amermsx.med.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:08:43 GMT

I am new in the Oracle environment when it comes to creating/using MAKE files to compile Pro*C and C files. I have a bunch of C files and few Pro*C files which needs to be precompiled, compiled and linked to create an executable. When I tried to run the sample make file Demo_proc.mk provided by Oracle, I get a message saying "/home/oracle/product/8.0.4/lib/libclntsh.so' is up to date.". I have no idea what to do with it or how to proceed from here. Could someone please let me know what I need to do & it would be really great if you could provide as an example a working make file which could handle Pro*c & C files in it to create an executable.

Thanks much in advance.

...Vadi