Re: Oracle DBA training

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:19:51 GMT

For business reasons you should attend Oracle 7 Admin classes, for personal reasons (better job elsewhere) I would convince my boss to send me to Oracle 8 admin classes. ;)

Oracle 7 and 8 are two different animals, and the database theories change between the two versions (Such as Database Design, backup and recovery, etc.). Oracle educations is real good about pointing out differences between versions when you attend thier classes.

Regards,
Satar