Logging in after password is expired

From: Attila <blackbear_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:29:36 +0100

When a password is expired, the Oracle tools (SQLPlus, Worksheet, ...) provide a way for changing this password during identification. How can be this easy feature implemented in an application? My problem is that Oracle refuses connection with an expired password, but to change this password (ALTER USER <user> IDENTIFIED BY <password>;) i need to be connected.

Has anybody an idea how Oracle tools make this? Do they connect in background as INTERNAL, SYS or SYSTEM?

Though i see this as a theoretical problem, i provide my platform: WinNT machine
Visual C++ application using Oracle Objects for OLE.

Any help would be appreciated
Attila Received on Tue Jan 26 1999 - 12:29:36 CST