Re: revoking drop table priviliege

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:02:15 GMT

A copy of this was sent to chandrasekar_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:10:42 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi, I have two questions for ORACLE DBA INTELLECTUALS : 1. Is it possible
>to revoke only a drop table priviliege from the user who can connect to
>database, query tables and do transactions . 2. Is it possible to restrict
>a user from dropping and creating tables based on the terminal numbers;
>
> To eloborate the environment , We are running ORACLE 8.0.3.0 in
>winNT platform . We have an user 'test1' where all the other users can query
>this schemas table but the users should not drop or create any tables of their
>own in 'test1'. Particularly the users working in terminal c100,c101,c102 &
>c103 should not be given priviliege for creating or dropping tables .

as long as everyone has their own accounts (eg: everyone should NOT be logging in as test1), I don't see what the problem is?

Unless you grant "create any table" and "drop any table" to your end users (not recommended), they cannot create or drop tables in test1's schema unless of course they are logged in as test1 (which would not be a recommended thing)

> Your valuable inputs are greatly appreciated .
>thankx in advance
>cheers
>CHANDRASEKAR

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jan 26 1999 - 08:02:15 CST