Re: Advantages of second CPU

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:35:45 +0200

RP Data Solutions wrote in message
<36ad2efb.261919910_at_news.cyberus.ca>...

>>True that PQ will run on a single-proc. machine, but what good is it?
You
>>just add a bunch more overhead for the PQ enqueue/dequeue and using
Oracle
>>as a process scheduler instead of the O/S, which is more likely to be
>>optimized for the chip. You can use 100% of the processor with one
Oracle
>>server process, or 100% of the processor with ten server processes. You
>>just add overhead.
>>
>Let's not get Billy going again...

Why not? I need the excercise now and then. ;-) I replied in private e-mail to Jerry. Suffice to say IMHO that PQ is basically multi-threading.

Hmm. Yes. The Good Side of the Force multi-threading uses. Yes. If enough Force available there is. Hmmm. Work good. Yes.

;-)
Billy Received on Tue Jan 26 1999 - 03:35:45 CST