public synonyms

From: Mindaugas Vieraitis <mindaugas_at_nomagiclt.com>
Date: 1999/01/25

I've created the public synonym on (let's say) AAA table. This synonym has the same name as and the table. Then I connected as the different user and tried to retrieve inofrmation from AAA table: select * from aaa;

But I've got the message: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist.

I know that the public is the schema, which can by accessed by every user in the database.
So, why I cannot access this table AAA?
Thank you.

--
Mindaugas Vieraitis