Re: Windows 98 Client for Oracle 8 on NT

From: Fraser McCrossan <mccrossf_at_londonhydro.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:04:18 -0500

In article <7811l3$rva$1_at_camel15.mindspring.com>, bob_porter_at_mindspring.com says...

>I have just received a CD set from Oracle under the Try&Buy program. It is
>Oracle 8 Server for NT version 8.0.3 I have installed it on my NT server
>running NT 4.0 SP3. The database is up and I can connect locally on the
>server. When I try to install the 95 client off the CD I get an immediate
>GPF!
Could it be that you are running the CD install from a UNC path, with the CD on a remote machine?. If so, try mapping a drive to the CD first, then running the install from this drive. Well known problem with the Oracle installer. Received on Mon Jan 25 1999 - 11:04:18 CST