Re: Oracle Error handling capabilities ...

From: S.McDonnell <mcdonnells_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 00:44:15 GMT

Maybe you already have an anwser since this was posted 12 days ago, but my idea would be to create a trigger on insert or update on that specific table, then do the error handling in the trigger it self, put your conditions in this code and raise them yourself. As you know you can set trigger to fire upon each row, so be carefull if your data is big this could take alote of more resources so try to keep your query's tight and fast if you can use the rowid. I guess like anything else you need to fine the right balance.

Hope this hint help
regards