Re: Sqlplus spinning problems

From: <goin_awry_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:34:31 GMT

  I don't have answers for you, but I'm looking to (hopefully) resolve the same problem. I spool portions of tables out to ascii files to be backed up and purged from the database (I want the data in ascii format... not Oracle dependent). Anyway, I've noticed that one table (very large) spools out about 500M in 10-12 hours (very slow). THEN... the process just sits there for another 10-12 hours doing I don't know what? The spool file isn't growing, but the SQL spool command has not returned (as far as I know). I'm running this from a Pro*C app on Solaris 2.5 using Oracle 7.3.3. I need to resolve this since, I don't have the rollback space to support a transaction taking 24+ hours to complete.   Let me know if this is similar to your problem... I have a call into Oracle to help.
  John.