handling runtime errors - performance

From: Alexander Selg <a.selg_at_dsi.telecom.at>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:52:29 +0100

Hello!

Oracle suggests to use one of three error handling methodes:
- status variables (SQLSTATE, SQLCODE)

I'd like to know how much runtime overhead I must expect for each of these methodes. I know that error handling costs more when I have more information available. But the question concerns normal execution (no errors) - must I expect some runtime overhead and when yes how much.

Thanks for any help,

Alexander Selg Received on Mon Jan 25 1999 - 07:52:29 CST