Oracle 8.0.4 Backup from Raw Volumes

From: Allan Heekes <heekes_at_iafrica.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:50:10 +0200

Hi there,

I am looking for some assistance. I am running Oracle 8.0.4 on a Sun Server running Solaris 2.6. The database's have already been created and the datafiles are on Raw Volumes. The server will be running in High Availability Mode, 24x7 so I will have to do hot backups.

  1. Is it possible to have a large Raw Volume with multiple datafiles ?
  2. How do you backup raw volumes ?

I donot want to use the export utility due to the High Availabilty Option. If anyone has experience or ideas, they would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

Allan

heekes_at_iafrica.com Received on Mon Jan 25 1999 - 05:50:10 CST