Re: Problem with ProC CGI on Linux/Apache server

From: Daniel Watkins <daniel_at_jerboa.nipponpaint.co.th>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:36:02 +0700

Charles wrote:

> I have written a cgi routine using Oracle proc on an Linux 5.2 system
> with Apache server. It compiles and runs fine stand-alone, and
> non-oracle cgi programs I've written work fine (all in c using gcc), but
> when I invoke the Oracle cgi from a browser connection I get the
> following message in the browser:

*SNIP*
> I've don't think that the program actually starts to execute, so I
> believe the problem is in loading, i.e. finding libraries, file
> permissions and ownership, etc.. Can anyone tell me what I may be
> overlooking?

> please email me directly or copy to me at cummings_at_gate.net.

With that amount of information, any sort of reply is not much more than a
stab in the dark. My guess being that arent setting the environment variables
like ORACLE_HOME & ORACLE_SID in your program, this explains why it works
fine as standalone but not under CGI where its most likely run as user nobody
with no environment. You may also need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well.

YMMV Daniel Received on Mon Jan 25 1999 - 02:36:02 CST