Re: Cost-Based or Rule-Based?

From: MMK Productions <nospammmkprod_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 22:48:33 -0500

What version of Oracle were you using when you found these results?

In every DB and in every application CBO was always better?

When we searched Oracle's support site and the net we found dozens of user reports and even some actual Oracle logs showing V7.2 and 7.3's CBO had made the wrong index pick and the performance was WORSE than RBO.

>CBO without any doubts is better than RBO. At our site we have several
Oracle DBs