How can I find the time a query takes to complete

From: Paul Martin <prmartin_at_bluwin.ch>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:43:10 +0100

Hello

Is there a way to find the time (in seconds) a query takes to run on a database. I know I can put the database into 'trace mode' which will generate a trace file. However is there any other way to time a query. What I would like to do is to have a program which will query something (if possable a table) containg the elapsed times for the query's taking place and send me a message if a query takes longer than a certin predefined time.

Sincery

Paul

prmartin_at_bluewin.ch Received on Sun Jan 24 1999 - 13:43:10 CST