Possible SECURITY ERROR ?

From: Isaac Chocron <Itshak_at_hadassah.org.il>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 14:55:07 +0200

I have an Oracle 8.04. server on NT.

Everyone can explain me if it is true or is a terrible bug ?

I have two schemas:    User_a        User_b
Their passwords are:    Pass_a        Pass_b

User_a has the system privilege:Grant Any Role.

User_a has created a role with this statement:

    Create role Role_a identified by Test;

User_a has performed this statement:

    Grant Role_a to User_b identified by test;

The result is ...

    The password of User_b is Test !!! and not Pass_b.

So User_a has the possibility of change the password of any schema !!!