Re: Export "exp" File Format????

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 6:20:18 +0100

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:25:23 +0100, D.F.S. wrote (in message <788603$3fp$1_at_news.xmission.com>):

> I am trying to parse the output of Oracle Export File.
>
> The intent is to be able to take a full database export and pull out all the
> DDL statements and group them in individual files by tables or users for
> stuff like Grants and creates and such. Ok so it is not ALL DDL, you get the
> idea.

snip
> Does anyone have any documentation of the structure of the export file?
>
> It looked pretty straight-forward until I hit this issue.
>
> Marc

What you want is pretty easy (on unix). Just use egrep "^CREATE|^ALTER|^CONNECT" expdat.dmp >ddl.sql in ddl.sql is all you want. I did make a program that decodes the data from such a file to plain ascii. That's a little trickier. The intention is to make a loader files to speed up the import y using loader in direct path.

If I only had time ...
--

Ronald  -  Unix SA               http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/professional.html

        -  Oracle DBA            http://www.tresco.nl