SQL*Plus Question

From: pat mercer <pmercer_at_verio.net>
Date: 1999/01/22

Oracle fans,

  In SQL*Plus, how do you change the default login attempts? My problem is that I've got a perl script that shells out and runs SQL*Plus ...

# Shell out and run SQL*Plus (Windows)
system( "plus80 -s username/password\@server \@sql_file" );

  Assuming the login info is correct, this works just fine. However the script hangs if the login info is incorrect because SQL*Plus defaults to 3 login attempts. Control never gets passed back to the script.

  How can I default SQL*Plus to just 1 (one) login attempt so that it won't prompt for the remaining number of attempts? Basically I'm converting some scripts that shelled out and ran Sybase isql. (We're migrating from Sybase to Oracle).

  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-pat mercer Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 00:00:00 CST