best system for Oracle 8

From: J Holden <jholden_at_voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:26:10 GMT

I am wondering what people thing is the best platform/configuration for an Oracle 8 database. It will need to be fairly large. The one we use now is a sparc ultra2 with dual 300mhz processors and a gig of ram. We have this attached to a raid type system with 40 Gigs of drive space. I have been told by people that its not best to use raid, though. I am thinking that it will need to be able to scale up to around a terabyte and be able to support around 300-400 users through a web-based interface using ModPerl/C. We will use a separate machine to drive the web-servers and such.

Ideas?

thanks Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 14:26:10 CST