Schema Script Generation Tool?

From: Chris Totten <ctotten_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:17:50 GMT

Does anyone know of a way to automatically generate the "CREATE TABLE" and "CREATE INDEX" commands from an Oracle database? We use SQL-Server 6.5 for development and it has a facility to "Generate Scripts..." from a collection of objects - we need something similar under Oracle.

Is there a tool that either comes with the engine (like DBSCHEMA on INFORMIX) or something that we can download to do the job?

Alternatively is there a way to convert the output of DESCRIBE to provide the same script?

We need this to reverse engineer an Oracle database without actually having an ODBC connection to the database in question.

If you can help in any way please mail me at mailto:chris_at_task.co.uk - I sometimes miss posts on UseNet...

All the best,

//chris Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 13:17:50 CST