Re: PLEASE help with dbshut/dbstart I READ PAST POSTS

From: Michael Bierenfeld <michael.bierenfeld_at_ibsgmbh.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:28:59 +0000

Ryan wrote:

> I am struggling with these 2 scripts (dbstart and dbshut) for our Oracle
> 8.0.4 enterprise server running on Solaris 2.6.
> I copied the dbshut script to the /etc/rc0.d and named it K02oracle
> I copied the dbstart script to the /etc/rc2.d and named it S98oracle
>
> My problem is that whether I try to run it as root or oracle in either
> rc direcotry OR $ORACLE_HOME/bin it does absolutely nothing. No errors,
> no feedback or anything. But I know it does not shutdown or startup when
> it supposed to.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. I have seen cases where permissions must
> be set etc.. but I dont know if that would apply in my case.
>
> Ryan
>
> - Remove [NO SPAM] from email address to reply -

Ähm,

could you please post those scripts. Mostly if a script is doing nothing it has the wrong shell defined.

Eg.

#!/notThere/bin/osh

If the script has execute permission and returns directly to the prompt this is propably the reason. Check it by adding :

echo "Hello world or whatever"

to the script.

Regards

Michael Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 09:28:59 CST