unknow listener hangup on a openvms system

From: Micanet <s_santandrea_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:44:16 +0100

Could anyone help me with the problem discribed on the subject. I cannot find the reason why the listener hangs up after its startup. The last message that appears is the following:
"connecting to (address=(protocol=tcp)(Host=193........." No further errors are displayed.
More precisely, the hangup occurs when the listeners trys to connect to himself. To be able to go on, CTRL-C must be pressed. At this point, the strange thing is that if the command "lsnrctl stat" is executed the listener works fine. The "stop" command, which also does the "connecting to....." works fine too.
It is obvius, that the CTRL-C procedure is not a permanet solution.

Any answer or help woud be very much appreciated. Thanks. Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 05:44:16 CST