Re: Novice Multi-User Help

From: Stewart Burnett <Stewart_at_burnettms.nospam.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:49:06 -0000

It doesn't matter who created the tablespace, what is important is who owns the table in this case User1.

The general solution to your problem is to grant permissions and create synonyms, the simplest solution to your problem would be -

While connected as user1

Grant all on Table1 to User2;
Create pubic synonym Table1 for User1.Table1;

Connect as User2 and you can now

Select * from Table1;

as required. The same method will work for other objects e.g. Procedures, functions, packages.

(Note that Procedures, Functions and Packages are not stored in specific tablespaces, they are stored in the system catalogue - which happens to reside in the SYSTEM tablespace).