Re: HELP! Can't kill session

From: Mate Skoblar <mskoblar_at_hnb.hr>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:57:52 -0800

In article <7881pb$5d6$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, larionov_at_yahoo.com says...
> Hi,
>
> I have started some query yesterday from SQL*Plus
> and then I realized it is not what I want,
> so I pressed Ctrl-C, but it did not respond.
>
> When I try "ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION" I always get
>
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00031: session marked for kill
>
> (I tried it about 50 times)
> It is still running and taking some system resources.
> It is highly undesirable to shut database down now.
>
> Please help me kill this session!
>
> I use Oracle 8.0322 on Solaris platform.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Michael.

You have to wait until transaction rollback is complete, and that is why you get that error message. Session is already marked for kill, but you still have system activity because rollback is in progress. Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 10:57:52 CST