lsnrctl stop from remote host?

From: T. J. <twj_at_kansascity.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:06:13 -0600

A few days ago we discovered the listener was down on one of our production instances. (rs 6000, oracle 8.0.5, aix 4.3) No big deal to get it restarted; the peculiar thing was that from the listener log had a "stop" message coming from a remote host (logged in there as user oracle). how is it possible to send lsnrctl stop commands (or the equivalent) to a listener on a remote host?

thanks,
thomas Received on Thu Jan 21 1999 - 23:06:13 CST