Re: Error message:Archival required?

From: Torsten Borchert <T.Borchert_at_DeutschePost.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:57:01 +0100

Hi,

you need 3 init.ora parameters for automatical archiving:

log_archive_dest        = /oracle7/archive/arch_bt00_
log_archive_format      = %s.arc
log_archive_start       = true

where log_archive_dest must include the first letters of the archived files. Here they will be

/oracle7/archive/arch_bt00_1.arc
/oracle7/archive/arch_bt00_2.arc
/oracle7/archive/arch_bt00_3.arc

But: This files will be in OS-Filesystem and you must write them to tape or your filesystem will be full in a few time.

Torsten