Virtual Host on Application Server

From: Jeffrey Gilbert <step_at_megsinet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:16:22 -0600

Trying to get Oracle Application Server to respond to requests to the computer's URL on the internet or using URL on an intranet. Have set up port 80 appropriately as far as I can tell, but typing in the URL at the client returns "The request did not specify a valid virtual host"

Looked in the documentation for virtual hosts, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The web pages work if I type in a URL like http://hostname:80/ but if I replace the hostname with a tcp/IP address http://195.100.100.1/ etc. I get that error message.

How do I solve this problem?

thanks,
jeff gilbert Received on Wed Jan 20 1999 - 23:16:22 CST