Connecting to Oracle Lite

From: <wynnytv_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:13:56 GMT

The problem I've been desperately struggling with for 2 days is:

	I'm trying to connect to a Oracle Lite database
	using SQL*Net (TCP or IPC or BEQ).

I can create a database using the Oracle8 Navigator but if I click on that database (or on the POLite database) I would get a password entry dialog saying...

    ora-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed     Please provide a database passord

To me this means that when Oracle8 Navigator failed to connect to the table, it then presumed the error to be a denial of service from Oracle security and it then falsely responded by prompting for a password.

This ora-03121 error is what I get in every SQL*Net application using the format documented by Oracle...

	username    = SYSTEM
	password    = anything
	host string = ODBC:My_DSN:My_ODB_File

I can however connect to OraLite Databases through pure ODBC applications like Access and MS-Query where all I need to specify is the DSN. MS-Query even lets me create tables, but I ultimately need to use IMP80.EXE to import a whole schema.

Whenever I needed to take Oracle Enterprise Server on the road on a laptop I would use Beq-local.world. But in Oracle Lite BEQ is not one of the protocols to choose from. I suppose my other options are using Tcp-loopback.world or making a local TNS entry using the IPC protocol. These I have tried to setup using the "Oracle Net8 Assistant" which configures the files tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, and sqlnet.ora. If you don't think you can help me, I would still very much appreciate if I could have a look at your copies of these files.

Thanks in advance,

Victor Wynnytsky