Re: How to find out daily Transaction rate.

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_dwotton.nospam.clara.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:59:07 GMT

RWP wrote in message ...

>V$SYSSTAT has a statistic that I use for a guage of transaction count:
>
> "execute count"
> The total number of calls (user and recursive) that execute SQL
>statements.
>
>You can setup a process that subtracts the current count from the last
>count on an hourly or daily basis ( or whatever ) and save it to a table
>for reporting.
>Theres no built in daily transaction rate, you have to set up the process.

I have a script which does exactly that. It runs continuously and collects 15 different statistics from v$sysstat at 10 minute intervals, which it saves in a table. You can then write very simple select statements to generate reports, bar-charts etc. on the accumulated statistics. The script and an example piece of reporting SQL are at:

       http://home.clara.net/dwotton/dba/monitor.htm

Dave.
--
Remove "nospam" from my address to reply by email Received on Wed Jan 20 1999 - 15:59:07 CST