Re: sqlload a big ora7 table ?

From: Sara Berks <sara.berks_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:53:14 -0000

Yes direct load is the main thing.
Also
Just a thought, do you have any referential constraints against this table. The DB will need to check them as it goes so it may be an idea to disable (but be careful you can re enable after !) Also, Is the table having to extend as the load goes on - check the extent sizes and presize if poss.
Also, I presume the text file is on a different spindle to the Datafile and you're not loading over a network (don't laugh I've seen it done !)

<36A4EE72.AC982B9B_at_pharma.novartis.com>...