Re: Question on creation of a table

From: Sara Berks <sara.berks_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:42:09 -0000

The other 2 answers look fine to me. However, You might consider, if this is one of many similar problems you have,trying this from a DBA rather than developer view.
a) Put the table in a read only tablespace. b) Create the table under one specific schema and only grant select on the table to users. To increase security you could also lock the schema account - alter user identified by values ('a'); This will not stop system user accounts updating the table but if the db is designed correctly, the security should already be in place and daft users with dba privs can wreck your app anyway..