Re: 64 and 32 bit listener problems

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:40:17 GMT

First blush, it looks like you are out of memory. Two possiblilities: a) not enough physical memory to support multiple instances b) SHHMEM or whatever forces the allocation of a memory segment that is too large for the remaining slices.

If rebooting doesn't solve the problem, consider smaller SGAs or more RAM.

In article <77vhte$nrs$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   jean_bunn_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running oracle 7.3.3.6 ( 64 bit) and 7.3.4.0 ( 32 bit) on the same
> server ( SGI running 6.5) and I have problems trying to access the databases
> from the enterpise manager ( version 1.3.6).
>
> I have the following configuration
>
> server1:
> repository under 7.3.4 32 bit
> second database under 7.3.4 32 bit
> third database under 7.3.3 ( 64 bit)
>
> On a second server I have databases installed under 7.3.3 64 bit
>
> From the Enterprise Manager:
>
> I can access the repository and the second database under 7.3.4 and I can
> access all the 7.3.3. 64 bit databases on the second server. I am unable to
> access the third 7.3.3 64 bit database on the first server.
>
> I start the listener under 7.3.4/bin and I can tnsping all 3 databases on
> server 1. When I try to access the third database from the EM I get
> ORA-12500 TNS listener failed to start a dedicated server process
>
> If I start the 7.3.3/bin listener on server1 and try to access the repository
> from the EM , the EM hangs.
>
> Can anyone help me to correctly configure server1 so that I can access the 32
> and the 64 bit databases on the same server? The documentation says that
> there should only be 1 listener.ora file for each host, so I have 1
> listener.ora file and 1 tnsnames.ora file on server1.
>
> Thanks

Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.
502-451-7404