Re: SHUT IMMEDIATE !!!! PROBLEM !!(URGENT!!)

From: <rspeaker_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:58:57 GMT

You still have 1 or more users connected to the Oracle instance. Shutdown normal or shutdown immediate waits for all connected users to log out. Shutdown abort terminates their connections. If you cannot get your users to log out before shutting down the database, I would suggest killing all processes at the OS level, or killing the sessions from within Oracle before shutting down the database.

HTH,
Roy