EBU 2.2.0.6 and Oracle 7.3.4.3 problem

From: Jakob Andersen <sdja_at_mobilix.dk>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:53:56 +0100

Hi,

After having upgraded to Oracle 7.3.4.3 the Enterprise Backup Utility (EBU 2.2.0.6) doesnt' work. We are running on Digital Unix 4.0e.

The EBU core dumps. In the output from 'strings core' we found the following lines:

Either relink without -pthread or link -laio, not -laio_raw. Aborting...
AIO_GROUP_COMPLETION
Internal AIO consistency error: Cannot initialize aio library. Internal AIO consistency error: Cannot use libaio_raw with threads.

We tried to relink the EBU with the aio library as we couldn't find the pthread option in any ld derictives.

An execution of the new, relinked and installed ebu resulted in a new core file again containing the lines:

Internal AIO consistency error: Cannot initialize aio library. Internal AIO consistency error: Cannot use libaio_raw with threads.

Btw: From the EBU tracefile, we can see that EBU fails with a EBU-2229 error (operating system error).

Has anyone experienced something similar to this ? Has anyone got any clues?

Regards,

Jakob Andersen Received on Wed Jan 20 1999 - 06:53:56 CST