Re: Confusing in step to upgrade Oracle.

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:43:58 +0800

pichetr_at_thaimail.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am confusing in step to upgrade Oracle. My platforms are HP-UX 10.20 and
> Oracle 7.1.4 that I want upgrade to Oracle 7.2.3. After install Oracle 7.2.3,
> I created new database and import data that export from Oracle 7.1.4.
>
> Need to run migration script like cat72xx.sql after imported ?.
>
> Best Regards,
> Pichet Ratanayant

No - this should have been done when you created the new database (assuming you used the installer or equivalent)...If you did the create database commands yourself, then you need the appropriate catalog, catproc scipts etc and then do your import...

HTH
--

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology