Performance Pack - third-party software tracing

From: <kal121_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:28:39 GMT

Hi, Does anybody know of a way to trace third party SQL statements using the new PERFORMANCE PACK with OEM 1.6. I have already used SQL Trace with TKPROF, but I find working with a zillion files with cryptic names frustrating and time consuming, especially considering my application (which runs on to of Oracle)is constantly generating new SQL, and hence, constantly generating new trace files!

SQL Server has a gui trace utility which tracks 3rd party SQL. I can't believe Oracle doesn't provide the same functionality in OEM. The key here is that I need it to trace 3rd party applications, not SQL*Plus sessions.

Thanks.