Re: CALL ORACLE PROCEDURE THROUGH ODBC

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:11:49 +0100

Imanol Miņambres schrieb:

> I´m in a trouble with Oracle and ODBC.
>
> I´m working with Oracle Server 8, Oracle ODBC 8.0.4.0.0 and Visual Basic
> 5.0.
>
> I'm trying to execute a procedure stored in the Oracle Server from my
> program in Visual Basic through the Oracle ODBC Driver.
>
> I have to pass some parameters and also, I need to recover a varchar2
> after executing and store it in a variable (in Visual Basic).
>
> Can somebody help me to do it?
>
> Thanks everybody.
> Imanol M.
> internetafi_at_futurnet.es

Hi,

don't know wether you can achieve all this using MS's XDOs (especially return params). But I know you can do it with Oracle Objects for OLE. They're shipped for free with the oracle client sw. Just install them and have a look at %oracle_home%\mshelp\oracle0.hlp as well as at the samples in the oo4o-folder.

HTH
Matthias
--
Matthias.Gresz_at_Privat.Post.DE