ODBC executing Stored Procedure

From: <kelvinw_at_asymetrix.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 02:00:37 GMT

Hi,

I have a stored procedure written and loaded into a oracle database using the following ODBC API sccessfully. The Intersolv 3.11 Multi-thread ODBC driver is being used.

 SQLExecDirect( odbc_hstmt, (UCHAR *)sObjBuf, strlen( sObjBuf ) );

        where sObjBuf contains the stored procedure.

But when I used SQLExecDirect() the execute the stored procedure, I got the invalid SQL statemnet error message.

	sprint( sObjBuf, "%s", "Execute stored_procedure_name" );
	SQLExecDirect( odbc_hstmt,
			(UCHAR *)sObjBuf, strlen( sObjBuf ) );

I have tried to use same method against an MSSQL database and it works just fine. The stored procedure doesn't have any argument. It looks like the ODBC driver doesn't allow a stored procedure being executed directly using SQLExecDirect(). Does anyone know where the problem is? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Mon Jan 18 1999 - 20:00:37 CST