Re: Question about archive log?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:54:24 +0100

No,
Probably either your redo log files are too small, or you have too few of them, or log_checkpoint_size is incorrect. Do you experience delays connecting to a database through sqlplus? There can be numerous reasons for that, including incorrect sqlnet config.
If you could provide the ng with more specific details, either myself or someone would be glad to help you out. In a production environment archive log is a prerequisitie, and to be considered the Eleventh Commandment in Oracle.

Kind regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA