How do I enforce this business rule?

From: <kshave_at_health.gov.mb.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:13:29 GMT

I have a table such as the following ...

TABLE A

name	VARCHAR2(25),
address	VARCHAR2(25),
city	VARCHAR2(25),
pcode	VARCHAR2(6)

The pcode field is supposed to be a postal code in the format

A9A9A9 where A is any letter A through Z, and 9 is any digit 0 through 9.

Without creating INSERT/UPDATE triggers, is there any way to enforce this business rule? Would a check constraint work?

-Keith

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Mon Jan 18 1999 - 11:13:29 CST