HELP In Regard to DBWR

From: Ramesh Ganesan <anrak_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 18 Jan 1999 14:04:05 GMT

Guys

Environment : HP9000 - HPUX10.20 , Database resifding on a Disk array configured as RAID5.

I find my Unix processes halting at times. Monitoring the Process doesn't show that the processes are being pushed or swapping taking place. The DBWR Checkpoints statistics however seems high. Would it help if I increase the DB writers - The Disk array has one controller but two bus channels and enough Cache. Received on Mon Jan 18 1999 - 08:04:05 CST