Re: A row locking problem that baffles all...

From: Ross Mohan <postmaster_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:20:11 -0500

And that, Rick, is one heckuva lot more graceful than I would have been with your response, which was neither helpful, technically astute, on topic, or polite.

Paul, try this: see if you can dump the ITL from the dba pertaining to the blocked transaction. This is not a solution, but a possible path toward one.

You'll want to do this on the offended server itself, and it'll get kinda real timey.

As to why Oracle can't help, the answer may really be as simple as they can't help. Sad but true.

best of luck.

Ross