Re: Accessing other users' tables

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 22:55:04 +0100

Hi Erik,
Simply create public synonyms for those tables as user with DBA authority (usually sys or system).
The syntax is

create public synonym table_name for sa.table_name;

of course you also will need to grant select privileges to either specific oracle users or the dummy user public. In terms of security probably not the best solution.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA