Discovering SID on Novell

From: Rod Thorell <scrod_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 06:38:34 -0500

I have an Oracle 7.0 database running on Novell 3.12, and want to implement hot backups. In order to connect, the backup agent needs the SID. Unfortunately this database was not created by me and we do not have any documentation on what SID was used at creation. I know how to get to this info on my VMS and NT databases, so I have looked around on both client and server. Does the SID actually exist anywhere I can get it? Thanks in advance.
scrod_at_adelphia.net Received on Sat Jan 16 1999 - 05:38:34 CST