Remote Access to SYSOPER and SYSDBA

From: Alan Black <alan_at_opcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:57:18 +0000

Hi,

I'm sure this questions been posted many times before!

I've got Oracle 8.0.5 running on NT 4 and I want to connect from an NT workstation using the SYS account and to connect as either SYSOPER or SYSDBA. I've created my password file using ORAPWD, setting the password to the SYS account's password which is the same password as SYSTEM.

I've set REMOTE_PASSWORD_FILE to EXCLUSIVE.

I can connect remotely using SYS as NORMAL, but SYSOPER or SYSDBA gives me a permissions error.

I'm sure I'm almost there.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
--
Alan Black Received on Sat Jan 16 1999 - 03:57:18 CST