Re: Oracle on NT versus UNIX???

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 23:01:19 -0500

Hi:

You can find some NT-specific info on the site below that may help you a bit. You can find pretty good comparisons between NT and UNIX (in terms of scaleability, performance, and price/performance ratio) on www.tpc.org.

I also agree that trying Oracle on Linux (same hardware) is not at all a bad idea to try. Should be better availability, same or better performance, and lower cost (win/win/win). Btw, the Oracle8 Standard Edition for Linux is now a production release, not development. According to Oracle, release 8i (ie. 8.1.6 or so) will include standard edition and enterprise edition.

Good luck,

--
David C. Sisk
The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site