Re: Help on Indexes!

From: RP Data Solutions <rpdata_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:12:33 GMT

If you search them individually and it's not the field you defined first in your create index statement, it will not be used.. try creating one for each field and see how it goes..

Robert Prendin

adrianh_at_globalnet.co.uk (Adrian Harrison) wrote:

>I have a table with 2 fields "ID, Name"
>
>I want to be able to search on them both together & individually!
>
>Do I have to create 3 indexes i.e on ID, Name, ID&Name or will just the one
>ID&Name work?
>
>Thanks
>
>Adrian HArrison

Robert Prendin
RP Data Solutions Inc.
Specializing in ORACLE DBA Support Services Received on Fri Jan 15 1999 - 09:12:33 CST